Bloglovin

Search me

Inward Thoughts: Outward Expression



1Corinthians 6:19
"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (20) For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

About two years ago, I (along with Austin) decided to start Crossfit. Little did I know that it would change my entire life!
It was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I felt like throwing up after the first workout, but oddly enough… I wanted to go back the next day. I can honestly say that the feelings have not changed even two years later!
Austin and I were on the “Honeymoon” phase with Crossfit! Anything that other crossfitters said to do… We did! So, we decided to become Paleo.
I remember that when I began my Paleo diet, people thought that I was CRAZY.
I don’t blame them. (If you are unfamiliar with the Paleo diet then click the link!)

I was constantly asked, “Why are you going on a diet?... You don’t need to lose weight.”
I would simply reply, “It’s not about losing weight… It’s about becoming healthy.”

Now before you think that I am this perfect healthy eater… Let’s get real.. I was Paleo for about a good 6 months. Then, it became too hard on my body.
I noticed I was constantly drained at the end of the day. My body wasn’t getting enough carbohydrates for the lifestyle that I led. So, I added more grains...
At that point, I told everyone that I was going to just EAT CLEAN!
Since then, I have noticed myself slowly, but surely, falling back into the unhealthy lifestyle that surrounds our nation.

My body was more confused than ever.
So, I stopped working out so much and tried to start over. Only problem was that I didn’t know how to start over.
I would sit down and write out my diet.. I would try to find the perfect mix of providing my body of the good nutrition along with making sure that I never felt like I was being restricted.
Honestly… that didn’t work either.

The bible verse at the top says that your body is a temple. Yet, every day someone suffers from an eating disorder. Yes… Anorexia, Sports Anorexia, bulimia, and even binging.
I’m sure you are looking at your lifestyle differently now that I said your body is a temple. We are all guilty of tearing ourselves down, physically and mentally. It’s in our nature, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try to protect and keep our temple as clean as possible.


Temptations will surround us everyday. That is part of being a human... It's how we deal with them. Your outside appearance is a direct reflection of the inside! 

clean eating... clear mind... lean body?








No comments:

Post a Comment