Bloglovin

Search me

Why It Is Okay to be "The Best"....


Work for a cause, not applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to have your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. -unknown

Im sure that the phrase “Be the best that you can be” is nothing you have never heard before.

Growing up, that phrase is instilled in our heads!! But, did you ever sit there and ask yourself.... 
“what exactly is my best?”

Is placing 1st in every category your best? And, what if it is not?

We are growing up in a society that is cut throat! The pressures of being “perfect” has spiraled out of control and our society’s idea of perfect is almost out of reach.

It seems to be a trending topic with people to compete to be the best... at everything! 

Think about it...
- Best Wife/Husband
- Best Employee
- Best Dressed
- Most Fit
- Richest
- Prettiest/ Most Handsome
- Wittiest

And maybe I listed those because I struggle with those! 
We beat ourselves up because we are not perfect and as much as we don’t want to listen... It is still something that we can not turn off. We believe being “perfect” will end the ability for us to be touched. It will end our hurts... our wants.. Whatever it may be!

But, we should look at our society’s idea of “perfect/best” and look deeper in... Are they/it really that “perfect”???

Striving for perfection is something I struggle with daily... My strive to be perfect at everything I do often leaves me so imperfect, in my eyes, that at the end of the day I am exhausted and sick of trying to make everyone else happy!!!!... 
And, I’m happy to know... I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

So, is it so bad that I want to be “the best”?
Yes and No.


“Best” is defined as of the most excellent, effective, or desirable type or quality.


It’s okay to be the "best".. But, this is where we have to forget every thing we have previously put in our mind about what is of most desirable and we need to define our own best. What are YOU capable of... And most importantly, who we have to back us up to achieve our “best”!

We have to let go of how good we are and decide how good we want to be. At the end of the day, what is going to leave you feeling fulfilled.? 


Letting go of trying to master everything in life... resting assured that the Lord will place you at your best when the time is right.



No comments:

Post a Comment